• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGKA

X-14 said:
I just heard the parody of the WSB traffic fiasco for the first time this week and almost ran off the road I was laffin' so hard! Man that was well done. I have to admit that the more I listen to GKA, the more I listen. I'm finding Laura Ingraham and Mike Gallagher a hugely refreshing alternative to Boortz and Hannity.

Although I have listened to Laura Ingraham many times, I saw her for the first time on Fox this past Sunday with Chris Wallace. Boortz mentioned when he and other fellow TS hosts met with President Bush that the guys were on one side and Ms. Ingraham was on the other . . . I now understand why! Additionally, when Fox has guests on they flash information about their education and accomplishments. Ms. Ingraham’s accomplishments are very impressive.

By the way, I heard WGST with their own traffic reporting parody – I assume it was of WSB – but it was very weak. The real WGST of old was very good and successful at jabbing WSB . . . Randall, you are not very good at radio. . . I need someone to weed my asparagus patch in Brookhaven . . . Can you do that?

Randall, you are not very good at radio. . . I need someone to weed my asparagus patch in Brookhaven . . . Can you do that?
[/quote]

Sure, just keep in mind your crop will be down 60% within six months.

GST Randall said:
Randall, you are not very good at radio. . . I need someone to weed my asparagus patch in Brookhaven . . . Can you do that?

Sure, just keep in mind your crop will be down 60% within six months.
[/quote]

Uh-oh . . . You are right . . . Never mind!

With all the changes at WGST...I'm listening more to WGKA. At least it's consistent. What's this about Edgar Treguts (sp) leaving? That programming guy over there is leaving a lot of "carnage" in his path. WOW!

Chief Rainmaker said:
With all the changes at WGST...I'm listening more to WGKA. At least it's consistent. What's this about Edgar Treguts (sp) leaving? That programming guy over there is leaving a lot of "carnage" in his path. WOW!

You seem surprised Chief, aren't you aware of my track record at my previous jobs? Talk about carnage!

Who cares about Laura Ingraham's education? If it doesn't translate into an exciting talk show, who cares? Open up Talkers and you'll find people with plenty of education and interesting achievements hawking their boring, failing talk shows and features.

GKA IS A BUST! With all of the Anti Gay, Anti Black and Anti Hispanic content, GKA will not last!

I think WGKA has some of the best shows. Bill Bennett is very informative, Laura Ingraham is well connected and very intelligent (side kicks are quite arrogant and slightly rude) but she does a very good job, and Michael Gallager has the best noon to three show in Atlanta.
I'v been very impressed with WGKA lately if you listen to the station you can tell that they are starting to get iT. Anyone who would say that WGKA is all about gay Bashing is either deaf or to dumb to find the station on there mom's radio.
Remember its AM 920 not PM!!!!!

I'm also liking GKA. But I'm not really into Laura's show, though. It's funny, when I saw her for the first time filling in for O'Reilly I was shocked. I had pictured her as this book-wormed, shrewish prude. She was actually nothing like that. I might even agree with some of her politics, but I find her to be cocky and annoying on her radio show. Or maybe it's just her religious views that drive me nuts. Medved and Prager (especially Pragar) aren't shy of going on about their religious views, but they seem to do it with less arrogance.

If you're heading up I-75, check out NewsTalk AM 1270 - WYXC in Cartersville. (They also stream) The guys there have a strong sense of humor and David Paul who used to be on WSB is hosting the morning show. For small market radio, it's pretty entertaining. Of note: they carry Glenn Beck 9 to noon. Daytime you can get them from Barrett Parkway to just above Calhoun in Gordon County.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom