• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGCY FM 106.3 in Gibson City, Illinois, is streaming

B/EZ station WGCY FM 106.3 in Gibson City, Illinois, is streaming. It includes traditional instrumentals. Check it out!<P ID="signature">______________
Ivan Badget
Waipahu, Hawaii</P>

> B/EZ station WGCY FM 106.3 in Gibson City, Illinois, is
> streaming. It includes traditional instrumentals. Check it
> out!
>

LOL my favorite quote from the comments section on their website about their stream----

"I bet that elderly people love that music!"
--Hans G. Hojak, Germany

This is freaky. Just the other day, I was thinking about WGCY, how they are one of about 2 or 3 stations that I can think of who are COMMERCIAL B/EZ outlets with that late 80s sound. Not non-commercial like KLUX, KHOY, and KNCT.

'GCY is a tiny little commericial FM station in the plains of Illinois doing the format. And here I click on this board and I see they are streaming. Good for them! <P ID="signature">______________

http://weatherwindow.blogspot.com</P>

> This is freaky. Just the other day, I was thinking about
> WGCY, how they are one of about 2 or 3 stations that I can
> think of who are COMMERCIAL B/EZ outlets with that late 80s
> sound. Not non-commercial like KLUX, KHOY, and KNCT.
>
> 'GCY is a tiny little commericial FM station in the plains
> of Illinois doing the format. And here I click on this board
> and I see they are streaming. Good for them!
>

Good for them, indeed! Who are the other two commercial B/EZ outlets? If they are making any money at all, they need to be held up to the entire American radio industry as examples to follow!

WGCY is now on the air 24/7. The station used to sign off at midnight Central Standard Time. The price you pay for WGCY being available 24/7 is that you have to put up with sports games on some evenings. This Friday (August 11), sports preempted the latter part of the Tom Benefield (sp?) show at 8:29 PM CST. Tom's show features big band music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom