• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFSB in full time letterbox?

I tuned into the standard def signal today and noticed they are in 16:9. I know it wasn't this way on Sunday. Did WFSB finally flip the switch full time?

Last edited:
I tuned into the standard def signal today and noticed they are in 16:9. I know it wasn't this way on Sunday. Did WFSB finally flip the switch full time?

What cable system do you have? Is it just on that system or all of them?

So it went back 4:3 on Friday. But it seems to be back to 16:9 on Cox currently. I don't know if this a glitch or a testing thing. As far as I can tell the other providers are not going this.

>>>Cox has it widescreen, have not confirmed Comcast yet. Usually they get the signal from the station to switch the encoding.

It's showing as 4:3 on Comcast in Western Connecticut.

>>>Cox has it widescreen, have not confirmed Comcast yet. Usually they get the signal from the station to switch the encoding.

It's showing as 4:3 on Comcast in Western Connecticut.

Comcast in Hartford is widescreen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom