• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Weirdest DX logging you've ever had?

Hearing the slogan "Arklahoma's Best Country" while sitting in my car one block from the Atlantic Ocean in NJ. It was KTCS on 99.9 in Fort Smith Arkansas. Apparently that part of the country is "Arkalhoma". Great signal for a while with full quieting and great stereo separation.

AustinTX said:
Back in the early 70's when I lived in NW Indiana WSM 650 AM was off the air which was unusual for them so about at the top of the hour I heard some faint island music and then a station ID and it was KORL from Honolulu. I was able to tape it back then on a old reel to reel tape recorder. Sent a reception report to them and they sent a nice QSL card. The signal was only in for 2 minutes then gone forever then about a hour later WSM returned to the air. On that same cold December morning I logged WDR 1586 from Germany which at that time was my only TA skip. I was fortunate back in those days to log and verify 49 states using a Zenith Transoceanic portable radio with 100 foot longwire and loop antenna.

FM DX would have to be when Mt. St. Helens erupted in May 1980 where I logged and verified a 3000 watt station from White River Junction, Vermont. During the course of 12 hours I heard 18 different states. That was a crazy day and luckily I caught the skip when I lived in Topeka, Kansas.

Steve

http://www.hillcountrynetradio.com

You're lucky you were able to catch WSM off the air. I often tried for KORL in Illinois, but had no chance with WSM in there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom