• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDJO's "Dr Boogie" Jack Stahl retires

I remember listening to Jack Stahl on 1360 WSAI back in the day. Will miss hearing him on the air; however, for quite some time his shows have sounded canned, as do most of the jocks on WDJO. There’s a disconnect that I can’t put my finger on. A going-through-the-motions vibe. When current local temperatures aren’t given after a weather forecast that’s a dead VT giveaway. Voice-tracking can be OK if done well, but for me there’s a certain disengaged feel whenever I listen to WDJO. Correct me if I’m wrong about DJO being VTed versus live. But that is just my impression. Between that and the crappy AM and FM signals I still prefer getting my oldies fix from SiriusXM’s 50s, 60s, and 70s channels. And yes I’m aware that sat radio utilizes a lot of voice-tracking too.

I remember listening to Jack Stahl on 1360 WSAI back in the day. Will miss hearing him on the air; however, for quite some time his shows have sounded canned, as do most of the jocks on WDJO. There’s a disconnect that I can’t put my finger on. A going-through-the-motions vibe. When current local temperatures aren’t given after a weather forecast that’s a dead VT giveaway. Voice-tracking can be OK if done well, but for me there’s a certain disengaged feel whenever I listen to WDJO. Correct me if I’m wrong about DJO being VTed versus live. But that is just my impression. Between that and the crappy AM and FM signals I still prefer getting my oldies fix from SiriusXM’s 50s, 60s, and 70s channels. And yes I’m aware that sat radio utilizes a lot of voice-tracking too.
I can never seem to get WDJO's stream to work, it may be geo-blocked. Last I knew their system could insert the temperature in the jock's voice. The WDJO air staff is all but volunteering. My understanding is that it's all voice-tracked, and even "live" segments are tracked a few minutes ahead.

I can never seem to get WDJO's stream to work, it may be geo-blocked. Last I knew their system could insert the temperature in the jock's voice. The WDJO air staff is all but volunteering. My understanding is that it's all voice-tracked, and even "live" segments are tracked a few minutes ahead.
Try the iHeartRadio stream. It's finally working! Sounds pretty neat.

Sure miss Dr Boogie

DJO hasn't done weather or traffic for years. The folks get that from their phones.

Back
Top Bottom