• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDBK 91.5 adds RDS

Camden Co's radio station has added RDS for the first time (to my knowledge). Not earth shattering news by any stretch. Just nice to see they're paying some semblance of attention to their station.

I also like to give new tech 30 or so years before I adapt, just so I can be sure it's not a fad. 🤣

The one good thing HD Radio gave us was a revival of RDS in the US. But we still don't use it nearly to its full potential, such as the ability to signal traffic reports and automatically switch the receiver to a stronger simulcast signal. And as we'll experience about a month for now, stations which don't update their RDS clock time to match DST changes cause annoyance for people whose car radio automatically sets it clock via RDS.

Back
Top Bottom