• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

wcto

why would they sacrifice 7kw for a measly 30' maybe to compensate for the flamethrower translator that completely wiped them out and the chicken s*** FCC looked the other way, but thats another story. I remember a few years back WSTW sacrificed 3kw for 10' which made them a harder catch, IMHO.

So 96.1 is a translator in Philly? Is that WORD 900? I'm guessing before this translator came on, you could get WCTO better>?
I can get WCTO if I have the outdoor antenna pointed in the right direction for other Allentown FMs.

Here from Bensalem, I can get WCTO, WLEV, WZZO, and WAEB.

So 96.1 is a translator in Philly? Is that WORD 900? I'm guessing before this translator came on, you could get WCTO better>? CORRECT, now they are unlistenable.
ALL new Philly translators are on Lehigh Valley heritage signals 95.1, 96.1, 99.9, 100.7 and 104.1, with the exception of 102.5 which wiped out a Reading outlet. These new kids on the block made those signals absent in the area they once covered.

why would they sacrifice 7kw for a measly 30' maybe to compensate for the flamethrower translator that completely wiped them out and the chicken s*** FCC looked the other way, but thats another story. I remember a few years back WSTW sacrificed 3kw for 10' which made them a harder catch, IMHO.
If I understand you correctly, you are asking why WCTO dropped power by 7 kw while increasing height by a tiny bit.

Looking at the calculated contours, the change is less than a quarter mile to the north, and it is identical to the south.

The reasoning may have to do with other users on the tower, such as a changed TV antenna or something similar. They may have had no choice.

If I understand you correctly, you are asking why WCTO dropped power by 7 kw while increasing height by a tiny bit.

Looking at the calculated contours, the change is less than a quarter mile to the north, and it is identical to the south.

The reasoning may have to do with other users on the tower, such as a changed TV antenna or something similar. They may have had no choice.
Thank you very much for the info, I was just curious why they would do that, your a true pro, not like a certain poster that tore me to shreads for no reason...WSTW still has me baffled it seems WJBR is much stronger in my area at 50kw but with very small height, and WSTW not as strong as when they were 50kw at 490' before their change..

BTW, what is 95.1 in Philly?
Because here I can get WZZO or WAYV.
104.1? what is that in Philly? Because here I can get WAEB-FM or the country outlet that is a translator that has lots of static.

Correct. The application WLEV filed (which is on the same tower) cited TV repack as the reason for this change. What I couldn't figure out is what TV service is actually hosted on this tower.

Correct. The application WLEV filed (which is on the same tower) cited TV repack as the reason for this change. What I couldn't figure out is what TV service is actually hosted on this tower.

WBPH, WTXF. WPPT and WFMZ

Heres a hint

go to fccinfo.com when you think there are multiple services on a tower

Say you know thereas FM and TV but dont know which TV
Scroll all the way down to the field that says coordinates,m enter the coordinats as seen on radio-locator.com
make sure you select tv
then make the kilometers show "1"
then hit search
this will show you all the licensed tv stations within 1km of the WCTO tower
and itll show you how far away they are...

WBPH, WTXF. WPPT and WFMZ
You'll note none of those call signs are on the same tower as WCTO. WCTO is on a tower off Susquehanna Street, and all the TV stations are listed on a tower near PA Hwy 145 (with a channel sharing arrangement).

In fact, if you go through the procedure you described from Cavell, Mertz and Associates with WCTO's coordinates, it returns no results.

You'll note none of those call signs are on the same tower as WCTO. WCTO is on a tower off Susquehanna Street, and all the TV stations are listed on a tower near PA Hwy 145 (with a channel sharing arrangement).

In fact, if you go through the procedure you described from Cavell, Mertz and Associates with WCTO's coordinates, it returns no results.

You said "WLEV (which is on the same tower".. so i thought that was in reference to WCTO and WLEV.. WLEV on the same tower as who?

So i looked up WLEV, to show an example of what i was talking about

WLEV (FM) and WCTO (FM) are on the same tower.

BTW, what is 95.1 in Philly?
Because here I can get WZZO or WAYV.
104.1? what is that in Philly? Because here I can get WAEB-FM or the country outlet that is a translator that has lots of static
w236cl 95.1 wpeb translator, makes no sense same tower, less power
w281cl 104.1 ritmo
w253dg 98.5 on wpst tower great signal wiped out the weak wbbo
then we have 105.7 which reduced the Hawks coverage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom