• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCBS-FM-Obituary

WCBS-FM has always meant a lot to me and I feel similar feeling now as if someone close to me has died. It is still hard for me to come to grips with the news.

My feeling for the music, jocks and jingles at CBS-FM was closest from 1973-1980. I was always listening to Dan Ingram on WABC, but I tuned in to CBS-FM for the music. I also liked the sarcastic wit of Dick Heatherton, who was with them until 1986.

After 1980, there was a slight difference between how I wanted them to sound and the way they changed. They were not playing as many records, but it was a slight change.

The changes became more pronounced in the nineties. Less doo-wop during the day, Dick Heatherton was gone, the morning show became more talk than music with Harry Harrison replacing Jack Miller. (Jack, huh).

During the nineties the irritation grew worse. By the begining of this decade, I hardly knew CBS-FM as the great oldies station they once were.

Now on June 3, (first line in Ode To Billy Joe) CBS-FM played their last song and gave way to Jack-FM.

I am sorry to see them go, but in the last ten years, I hardly knew them.

Steven Green<P ID="signature">______________
[email protected]</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom