• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCBS 880 Skywave Night Signal

charlestondxman said:
WMFD is still part of the New York Yankees radio network. WMFD might have accidentally not have taken off WCBS's Yankee feed after a game and WCBS may have been running on the satellite all day until WMFD took it off.

Bingo!

I was in Rhode Island this past summer and puzzled as could be by what was clearly a very strong WCBS signal on 570, New York ads and all...until I realized that the Yankees game had gone into a rain delay and I was hearing WSYR in Syracuse sticking with the Yankees network feed (which was carrying WCBS programming) rather than going back to regular programming.

Hello Everyone...I wasn't sure if this was the forum for all of my "Skywave" signal questions, but I just wanted to take this moment to thank all of you for the valuable information. It was like being in a college class again. Even though I'm not 100% sure if I grasp everything that was said, I at least have some understanding of this subject.

Happy New Year

Scott Fybush said:
charlestondxman said:
WMFD is still part of the New York Yankees radio network. WMFD might have accidentally not have taken off WCBS's Yankee feed after a game and WCBS may have been running on the satellite all day until WMFD took it off.

Bingo!

I was in Rhode Island this past summer and puzzled as could be by what was clearly a very strong WCBS signal on 570, New York ads and all...until I realized that the Yankees game had gone into a rain delay and I was hearing WSYR in Syracuse sticking with the Yankees network feed (which was carrying WCBS programming) rather than going back to regular programming.

Not the first time something like this has happened. About 2 years ago or whenever it was that WABC last aired Rewound on Memorial Day I was on the NYS Thruway and Rewound came over WGY at 3:00pm . 810 obviously took WABC of the bird looking for Sean at 3:00 but got Dan Ingrahm instead!!! I called WGY and confirmed this. I asked the guy who answered the phone if anyone else noticed he said "no" . Is anybody really listen to radio these days?

AM does some weird stuff. I picked up 1000 watt Vero Beach Fl Station in Lake City Fl about 250 Miles away
Also picked up 540 Orlando north of Atlanta Ga.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom