• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCAU NBC 10 needs to get their anchor situation straight by 1/31

J

Jul

That's when the February sweeps period begins. Enough with the confusion. I don't know who's anchoring which newscasts anymore. They made so many changes, its confusing. The station needs to have their anchor lineups for all of the newscasts, set by that date. Now is the time for NBC 10 to hire some anchors if they decide to do that, so they can be here by the time the sweeps starts.

I imagine they're trying out every conceivable pairing of current anchors they have in house. They have their candidates. Now they just have to decide what combinations they want at 4,5,6 and 11. They can go back to one anchor in the evening on weekends if necessary.

I'd also imagine that if they hire anyone at this point, it will be to fill lesser positions because someone else got promoted. I'd bet at least the 5,6 and 11 anchors will be people who already in house, probably the 4 pm too.

Of the affiliates with 11 pm newscasts, this is the biggest anchor change-up in Philadelphia since Susan Barnett and Chris May took over the evening newscasts on Channel 3. Channel 10 wants to take its time and get this right. The last thing they want to do is make a quick decision and then have to change course again in the short-term. The anchors they choose now will be the ones they want for a while to create continuity after this period of change.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with the new weekend evening guy. Just my personal view.

Well, they've made one big decision -- weather: Sheena Parveen to evening news shows, switching shifts with Hurricane Schwartz who will now do the dayside shows. No specifics on exactly who will do which shows, but Parveen was doing 11 am and 5pm with Schwartz doing 4, 6 and 11. Could be a 100% swap. Schwartz retains title of "chief meteorologist."
And, whatever happened to the new meteorologist who was supposed to debut on channel 10 from Phoenix: Brittney Shipp? Her last day in Phoenix was Dec. 30. Wonder if she will be starting soon and what shift she'll take. Possibly weekend evenings?

Word on the street is a noted Flyers player is already dating Ms. Parveen - so WCAU's got that going for them...

radiophiler said:
Well, they've made one big decision -- weather: Sheena Parveen to evening news shows, switching shifts with Hurricane Schwartz who will now do the dayside shows. No specifics on exactly who will do which shows, but Parveen was doing 11 am and 5pm with Schwartz doing 4, 6 and 11. Could be a 100% swap. Schwartz retains title of "chief meteorologist."
And, whatever happened to the new meteorologist who was supposed to debut on channel 10 from Phoenix: Brittney Shipp? Her last day in Phoenix was Dec. 30. Wonder if she will be starting soon and what shift she'll take. Possibly weekend evenings?

Basically Glenn and Sheena swapped 11s. Glenn's doing 11AM now as well 4&6PM and Sheena's doing the 5&11PM. Brittney Shipp started last Friday but her role will be weekend mornings. Michelle Grossman is on maternity leave but since there is no longer a 7PM newscast who knows what her role is.

Noticed electroinic billboards today featuring (from left to right) Glenn and Sheena. Although "Hurricane" gets top billing, Sheena is noticeably in the foreground while Glenn is relegated to the background.

Just an observation...

I hope that everyone will pay attention to the anchor and weather anchor lineups for all of the newscasts, and post them here, starting tomorrow.

Julius May said:
I hope that everyone will pay attention to the anchor and weather anchor lineups for all of the newscasts, and post them here, starting tomorrow.

Ummm nothing is changing tomorrow. The only anchor team that they haven't set in stone yet is the 5PM team. If you've spent 3 seconds on their website recently, you'll notice the banner ads for all of their weekday teams (the 5 being the exception).

Keith, Lori, Bill and Jillian are the morning team; Keith, Lori and Glenn at 11AM; Renee, Tracy, and Glenn at 4; Vai, Tracy and Sheena at 5; Renee, Glenn and Vai at 6 and Renee, Sheena and Vai at 11PM. The only wildcard is Michelle Grossman and where she fits into things since her newscast was scrapped when she went on maternity leave.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom