• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"WBIB-FM" W267DA Centreville moves to 101.1 FM

The WBIB translator W267DA has now moved to 101.1 FM with its new call sign. I was able to hear it in south Calera this morning, although I had to perform a lot of "gymnastics" with this CC Crane radio I have in order to hear it, given WXJC-FM Cullman was mostly present. The station ID was given as "WBIB-AM 1110, Centreville, W266EB" followed by a city name which I would assume was still Centreville. I couldn't really hear the FM city of license given very well due to the signal being so weak. WBIB-AM was on the air and registering some type of signal (three bars on the radio) but with no audio.

I am going to Alabaster sometime today so I will see how the new signal goes up against WXJC-FM. It'll be interesting...

I also tried 101.1 FM here at home this morning on a clock radio. I received W266EB but I could hear the WXJC-FM audio underneath it. I also tried the frequency in the car parked in my driveway. The car stereo received W266EB with no audio whatsoever from WXJC-FM. :O

WXJC is gonna cause a lot of interference for that translator, outside its 60dbu contour. With a good, sensitive car radio, I used to listen to "The New 101 WYDE" during their classic hits format til around Clanton before the signal had too much interference...

It was mentioned in another thread that the ultimate goal of this translator is to move one more click down to 100.9 and try to serve the Alabaster/Calera area as much as possible, so I don't expect it to be a thorn in the side of WXJC for long. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if there was an agreement worked out between the stations to accept the interference for the minimally-required time until the next CP can be filed. I'm pretty sure something like that was done before elsewhere in the US.

WXJC is gonna cause a lot of interference for that translator, outside its 60dbu contour. With a good, sensitive car radio, I used to listen to "The New 101 WYDE" during their classic hits format til around Clanton before the signal had too much interference...
I listened to 101.1 FM on my car srereo a few days ago on my way out of Calera. Leaving my driveway, I heard WXJC-FM with W266EB underneath it at times. Once I made a turn going in an east-west direction, all I could hear was W266EB. This continued until I was driving again in a north-south direction; At that point, WXJC-FM was mostly prevalent with W266EB making an occasional presence, intermittently interrupting the WXJC-FM broadcast. At the Shelby County airport exit, I mostly heard WXJC-FM but I had a few instances where W266EB took over the frequency entirely, albeit for only a minute or so each time. Northward to Alabaster, I received mostly WXJC-FM.

With W266EB supposedly moving to 100.9 FM, how will that jibe with WALX licensed to Orrville, serving Selma? Granted, the translator is nowhere near WALX's 60 dBu coverage area, but it seems like the translator broadcasting on 100.9 FM would be more problematic than over 101.1.

I checked WBIB-AM again today. I heard a semblance of a signal but again with no audio. I'm not sure if the audio is too low for me to hear amidst all the noise, but I have been able to hear WBIB fairly well in the past here in Calera.

Back
Top Bottom