• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

$$ WANTED $$ Hooper, Pulse, etc...

Huff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for any pre-Arbitron era local radio ratings reports.
Any market.
I'd be happy to get copies, and am willing to pay money for any originals. Please reply or private message.

I believe I can scare up a few. By the way, does ARBitron control any old C.E. Hooper/Hooperatings trademarks and copyrights?

The King Bee said:
I believe I can scare up a few. By the way, does ARBitron control any old C.E. Hooper/Hooperatings trademarks and copyrights?

Thanks King Bee, would love to see what you have!

Arbitron only has rights over Arbitron data. If I recall correctly, the Hooper company eventually got absorbed into Nielsen (this some two decades after Hooper sold its national ratings system to Nielsen in order to focus solely on local market research.) Apparently Nielsen never bothered archiving any of the old local radio market data since they weren't in the business of measuring local radio at the time.

The King Bee said:
Hey King Bee, any luck scaring any up?

Someone has disturbed the archive where I saw the old Pulse, Hooper and ARBitron books for Louisville. I'm searching the stacks at the University Of Louisville for them now...anyone with old radio/TV ratings books for any market, give me a shout!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom