• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WAMR has new call sign

sbe

Inactive
Inactive User
I see they changed the WAMR callsign to WDDV the old Dove 92.1 call. This was IMHO a dumb move. WAMR "AM Radio" was a great sounding call and had been the call of that station since the beginning. I can see CC changing WSPB to WSRQ which is the designation for the Sarasota Bradenton Airport and is used for all kinds of stuff but WAMR to WDDV? I know it sounds something like Dove but

> I see they changed the WAMR callsign to WDDV the old Dove
> 92.1 call. This was IMHO a dumb move.

Since all of the old WDDV listeners have switched to WDUV and now consider 105.5 to be their "Dove" now I wonder if they did the right thing by calling 1320 "The Dove." This will really cause confusion among that older demo. Not only will they think that the two Doves are related, but some of them may even think it's a simulcast! They should have just called it "Unforgettable 1320" or something like that.

> > I see they changed the WAMR callsign to WDDV the old Dove
> > 92.1 call. This was IMHO a dumb move.
>
> Since all of the old WDDV listeners have switched to WDUV
> and now consider 105.5 to be their "Dove" now I wonder if
> they did the right thing by calling 1320 "The Dove." This
> will really cause confusion among that older demo. Not only
> will they think that the two Doves are related, but some of
> them may even think it's a simulcast! They should have just
> called it "Unforgettable 1320" or something like that.
>
WAMR is an Elevator/Muzak station now???? Oh god!!!!! I thought it was bad enough when it went from Oldies to Sports. I ducked out and ran for cover when Jacor purchased the station along with WCTQ when it was still in Venice and sent their Stormtroopers in to "Improve" things. I wonder who's but Rich Stevens is kissing now anyhow??? Beware of short men with big mouths that "Take over" in radio. Anyhow, I think C.C. missed the boat yet again, they would have been better off moving the WAMR studio back to Auburn Rd, changing it back to Oldies/Hometown radio and serving Venice and Englewood. Oldies 108 is a "Sarasota" station so don't give me that arguement. Besides, with the rapid growth in Venice and Englewood, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there are more people living in Venice/Englewood than in Sarasota in a few years. I thought "1320 GOLD" was a cool concept much like WGTO in Michigan, an oldies station where the jocks knew the music and threw the playlist out the window. a station that played requests!!! Is it too much to ask.........a radio station that has jocks with personality???? CC has to face facts that the WWII generation is dying off. Oldies just sound better in mono and on AM, it's just a fact. It also wouldn't hurt to hear a few Pams jingles as well. Anybody over at CC know what a Pams jingle is??? OK, I'll get off my soapbox now and wait for the replies.
musicmanjon
"Dr. Johnny Bee"
1320 GOLD WAMR

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom