• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wal-Mart

S

spongebag7

Is it just me, or does Wal-Mart recieve their CDs early? I purchased the Kelly Clarkson album 2 days before it's release, and walking around I saw the Missy Elliott album. And this is not one Wal-Mart, it's all of them in Tucson. This is strange.

Anyone else notice this?

I believe this is illegal. I work at Shaw's Supermarket and have on occasion been asked to put the new DVDs on display on they day they are released. On the box of the DVDs it says "Do Not Display or Sell before 6/28/05". It also said something about how stiff penalities will be incured if caught selling the DVDs early.<P ID="signature">______________
~Jay Clark~
</P>

> I believe this is illegal. I work at Shaw's Supermarket and
> have on occasion been asked to put the new DVDs on display
> on they day they are released. On the box of the DVDs it
> says "Do Not Display or Sell before 6/28/05". It also said
> something about how stiff penalities will be incured if
> caught selling the DVDs early.

I don't believe it's illegal, but the breaking of a gentelman's agreement.
Usually it's by accident. USA Today published a review of Bob Woodward's new book while the embargo was still in effect, beating the Washington Post. How did they manage this coup? They simply purchased a copy from a Virginia bookstore which inadvertently (probably) put it on the shelf before the release date.
<P ID="signature">______________
Jerry

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan</P>

> > I believe this is illegal. I work at Shaw's Supermarket
> and
> > have on occasion been asked to put the new DVDs on display
>
> > on they day they are released. On the box of the DVDs it
> > says "Do Not Display or Sell before 6/28/05". It also said
>
> > something about how stiff penalities will be incured if
> > caught selling the DVDs early.
>
> I don't believe it's illegal, but the breaking of a
> gentelman's agreement.
> Usually it's by accident. USA Today published a review of
> Bob Woodward's new book while the embargo was still in
> effect, beating the Washington Post. How did they manage
> this coup? They simply purchased a copy from a Virginia
> bookstore which inadvertently (probably) put it on the shelf
> before the release date.
>

Could it be possible that Tuesday's are set as a very strict release date? Could it be that the CDs are made before Tuesday?

Is that why they're up early?

I don't see putting new items up on other days besides Tuesday illegal or wrong at all. I was just saying, Wal-Mart somehow has rights to do this.

> I don't believe it's illegal, but the breaking of a
> gentelman's agreement.
> Usually it's by accident. USA Today published a review of
> Bob Woodward's new book while the embargo was still in
> effect, beating the Washington Post. How did they manage
> this coup? They simply purchased a copy from a Virginia
> bookstore which inadvertently (probably) put it on the shelf
> before the release date.
>
I remember going to a Wal-mart in Schererville Indiana in late may 1998, looking at CD's and they had on display, before the actual release date Gloria Estefan's Gloria album on the shelves. They were the only ones in the NW Indiana area that released it before the released date of June 2, 1998. I bought it for a friend who wanted it while I waited longer to get mine, because I knew I could get a better deal from Columbia House. I believe I bought my copy from Columbia House for $5.98, while my friend paid $11.88 at Wal-mart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom