• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

W300EI 107.9 launches playing Nelly - EI 300 times a day

New York is getting a brand new radio station! W292DV completed its move to 107.9 and became W300EI.

To celebrate the launch of the brand new station, 107.9 W300EI will be playing Nelly - EI 300 times a day. It was so nice of Nelly to sing a song about this station.

F7017A9F-AA6B-4571-8C36-228CE2607311.jpeg

Time stamp on your post indicates 1:53 a.m. today (4/2) but I assume this is an April Fool prank post, right? I don't think any translator has ever used its alphanumeric call sign in its advertising or imaging.

Time stamp on your post indicates 1:53 a.m. today (4/2) but I assume this is an April Fool prank post, right? I don't think any translator has ever used its alphanumeric call sign in its advertising or imaging.
Yea it’s a joke. Translators can’t choose their callsign. And they’re certainly not going to use it in their branding. It’s gibberish to the public. About as meaningful as a business branding itself by the (non vanity) license plate number of its van.

Time stamp on your post indicates 1:53 a.m. today (4/2) but I assume this is an April Fool prank post, right?
Apparently the software that underlies Radiodiscussions defaults to GMT (or UTC) if you don't have a time zone selected in your settings. (Or if Frank Berry hasn't set one for you.) You're in Vermont or New Hampshire, right? So your actual time is minus 4 hours from the time shown on the top of posts.

Frank initially set me up for Pacific time (PST or PDT), and that's what it shows on my Macintosh. But when I use my phone, I'm don't tend to log in, so it shows posts time-stamped in Greenwich Mean Time, 8 hours ahead of PST (during Standard Time weeks) or 7 hours ahead (during Daylight Saving Time weeks). Check your settings and all will be revealed. (Click on your screen name at the very top right of the page, then click on "Preferences". Time Zone is the second item down.)

I like "country grammer" best.
Good racehorse too.
$14.9 million career earnings & still goin strong.
Funny thing is Nelly's song is "Country Grammar," with "grammar" spelled correctly. Whoever named the racehorse spelled the word wrong. It's usually the rapper who can't spell.

I've been into horse racing since high school (my grandfather lived near Suffolk Downs in Boston and I'd tag along occasionally) and always enjoy seeing song titles show up as horse names. It happens quite often.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom