• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

W280FG/WWNL

I Emailed the FCC about them and was told Broadcasters need to Complain. I Emailed Wilkinson got no Response. I don't understand why a big Company like that would waste money on an 8 Watt Translator hoping it can attract listeners.the 8 watts does not make it to their studio.
Hi Phil. Wilkinson sells time and doesn't care if anyone is listening. The 8 watt signal does allow them to add in WWNL to a time block on several of their stations. It makes a nice package. I dealt with Chip and the crew at Wilkinson around 2005. We spoke to them about moving 1550 when we ran it for Inner City to their Hampton Township site. They have a north/south array. We needed to protect Canada but could increase the power for both the day and night going south. The cost stopped us. They also looked at buying 1550 but elected not to do so. While in a meeting, one of their staff pointed out they had a "mission from God" to spread his word. No disrespect to anyone, just trying to help you understand why they value the 8 watt signal. It is there just in case someone wants to listen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom