• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Von Haessler Doctrine Preshow Podcast

If I am working on something really difficult or stressful, I have classical playing in the background. My son when he is working calculus problems listens to classical music. He says other folks at his school study to classical music.

All that is interesting from a personal perspective, but statistically, the average age of a classical radio listener is 61. The bulk of the listeners, 43% of them, are 65+. Those are the statistics.

Are those statistics folks that contribute? A lot of folks will not "pay for their music". If it's a PPM market those units are picking up the signal. When PPM came out some formats gained and some lost. COVID did some weird things too. In some markets classic hits stations have a surprising number of under 21 listeners. There a rumors here in Atlanta about a family or two cycling off PPM and certain stations have a significant drop in ratings. I have personally seen weird things in both Cincinnati and Louisville markets back in the dairy days Hopefully management will not freak out and start spinning the format wheel and fire the staff.

Let us all take a moment and pray to whatever God you worship that, if EVH leaves WSB, they don't put Sean Hannity back on in the 4-6pm hours.
If I were a betting man I would think that Word on the Street would get moved up.

I'm kind of surprised that Clark Howard has remained relegated to late night.

I'm kind of surprised that Clark Howard has remained relegated to late night.
Clark Howard retired from that show, which was syndicated, some time ago. He does short vignettes that are played throughout the day on WSB as well as his work on WSB-TV.

I was in the Seattle area over Thanksgiving week and was surprised to see a feature by Clark on the news on KIRO-TV, which is owned by Cox Media Group (aka the fake Cox).

Clark Howard retired from that show, which was syndicated, some time ago. He does short vignettes that are played throughout the day on WSB as well as his work on WSB-TV.

I was in the Seattle area over Thanksgiving week and was surprised to see a feature by Clark on the news on KIRO-TV, which is owned by Cox Media Group (aka the fake Cox).
Then WSB needs to update their website...they still show Clark as being on from 10p to midnight.

Back
Top Bottom