• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Vikings leaving ??

The Vikings leaving will be a big hit for current Vikings flagship KFAN since they get a nice ratings bump in the fall, but I would be surprised if there was any format changes.

KFAN-100.3 FM has Wild Hockey and Gophers football
ESPN (KSTP/1500AM) has Twins baseball, Gophers basketball, and Gophers hockey
WCCO-AM 830 has Timberwolves basketball

There's still plenty of sports to go around.

Wright County Guy said:
The Vikings leaving will be a big hit for current Vikings flagship KFAN since they get a nice ratings bump in the fall, but I would be surprised if there was any format changes.

KFAN-100.3 FM has Wild Hockey and Gophers football
ESPN (KSTP/1500AM) has Twins baseball, Gophers basketball, and Gophers hockey
WCCO-AM 830 has Timberwolves basketball

There's still plenty of sports to go around.
I wish the greedy bunch of Vikings with their convicted felon players a swift exit to Los Angeles, who lusts for them. We good decent taxpayers have one more round with the Minneapolis City Council yet able to kill the deal of megamillions stolen from taxpayers without representation. Gary Schiff of city council wants to nail them with taxpayer vote, which is a binding law on the books. If I were a lawyer, I'd be defending it. Councilmember Lisa Goodman is an angel. She wants NO taxpayer monies for the greedy gorgon Vikings. There should be a law that any corporate entity wanting city or state aid has only TWO chances to come to bat. And they're out. If this were South Dakota, the Vikings would have been thrown out of any kind of taxpayer funding. And sent packing. My opinions are shared by the majority of taxpayers. Unfortunately, I could not round them up to kick a*s like the Viking jock strap sniffers did at the State Capitol.

Relax. Los Angeles is YEARS away from even having a stadium that's close enough to state-of-the-art to make an NFL franchise economically viable...not to mention its poor record in supporting two previous franchises. LA is a baseball, basketball and soccer town. It's even interested in hockey now that its NHL franchise is top of the heap. And it's pretty barren territory for the National Football League given all the demographic shifts in the region in the last 20 years...way less promising in the long run than the Twin Cities. And the same goes for any of the small to medium market teams whose fans are suffering from anxiety of possible franchise shifts (such as Buffalo, Jacksonville, Nashville, Oakland, Charlotte, etc.). All of these teams, with the possible exception of Jacksonville, are profitable where they are now, including the Vikings, and a move would probably be more trouble financially than it's worth.

There are a handful of cities in North America which MIGHT support an NFL franchise and don't already have one, including San Antonio, Columbus, and Toronto. But none of them has anything remotely approaching a suitable stadium...they're all either too small or configured wrong (no luxury boxes) or both. And there's no private or public sugar daddy ready to step up and build one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom