• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Verizon removing WYBE subchannels

Received an e-mail from Verizon today. They're removing WYBE's 3 subchannels from FiOS tomorrow. Not that I've ever watched them, I wonder why they are being removed especially after Verizon just added WFMZ's 3 subchannels (which I actually do watch Emergency on MeTV at 5pm, at least the DVR records it.)

Odd, after our discussion a week or so ago about not being notified about new channels being added, they manage to send an e-mail when they are taking channels away.

My e-mail says on or about December 9th. I don't think subchannels qualify for must-carry status, but I do find it weird to suddenly drop them out of the blue. I watch the NHK World channel, but not too regularly...

I just checked over-the-air and I'm only getting 35.1 and not any other subchannels from WYBE. So, Verizon dropping the channels may have to do with WYBE dropping the channels.

WYBE used to carry MHZ Worldview (from WNVC) on one of its subchannels but apparently more recently NHK World, France 24 and RT. Not having subchannels now, to me, appears like WYBE is cutting costs. The channel always has the image of not being well funded or having it together always.

The one consistent thing about WYBE is their coverage of "Asian Variety Show" and other Bollywood/Indian American shows.

While I was checking this, I saw something a little unusual. NBC 10.2 is airing "Highway to Heaven." The channel is still non-stop but the channel is running that show at noon, which is a deviation from the other programming on that channel.

ding12 said:
While I was checking this, I saw something a little unusual. NBC 10.2 is airing "Highway to Heaven." The channel is still non-stop but the channel is running that show at noon, which is a deviation from the other programming on that channel.

They could be previewing Cozi TV.

http://radiodiscussions.com/smf/index.php?topic=221552.0

I noticed KNBC doing the same thing.

Jefferson Lee Eng said:
My e-mail says on or about December 9th. I don't think subchannels qualify for must-carry status, but I do find it weird to suddenly drop them out of the blue. I watch the NHK World channel, but not too regularly...
My e-mail says December 9th as well, not November 9th.

ajc_trw said:
ding12 said:

They could be previewing Cozi TV.

http://radiodiscussions.com/smf/index.php?topic=221552.0

I noticed KNBC doing the same thing.

Yeah Cozi's gonna be a mixture old NBC and Universal TV library shows, lifestyle content that currently runs on Nonstop and the locally produced fare that runs on Nonstop now.

Odd, but I'm getting these channels on Fios still, with MIND logo listed, but not over the air, as subchannels from WYBE.

OTA still works for me also, in Oxford Valley. I have an occasional problem with 6 and 29; I have to adjust the antenna a bit to get them.

And in a message on the STB menu, Verizon says the WYBE subs are going to stay, after all.

stilldustyvinyl said:
And in a message on the STB menu, Verizon says the WYBE subs are going to stay, after all.
Saw the message too. Disregard any previous communication you have received.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom