• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Used FM transmitter

A station I take care of is looking for a used single phase FM transmitter capable of 1450 W RF out. We have a suitable 30 w exciter to use. Needs to be in working (or near working) condition, not a basket case. Please let me know what you have, or may know of. Contact: [email protected]

Thanks!

The Continental and Collins are identical. Can't go wrong with either one of them. Good solid transmitter, easy to work on and find parts for.

Then there's my favorite workhorse...CCA. Except for the exciter, give me schematic and I can fix it. Been an eternity since I contacted CCAElectronics.com for anything other than parts.

It's nice to know that CCA is still "supported". We have an old 3kw CCA that has been mothballed. Some day I might attempt to use it as a backup somewhere knowing that is still have some support.

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry. Through this board, we were contacted by another station and have made a deal for a suitable transmitter. Best of all, it turned out to be only about 50 miles away. We can do a local pickup and save the freight. Thanks again.

OKCRadioGuy said:
It's nice to know that CCA is still "supported". We have an old 3kw CCA that has been mothballed. Some day I might attempt to use it as a backup somewhere knowing that is still have some support.
Good thing about the older CCA's is that there's not much in them that can't be redneck engineered around if it fails. Even the plate blocker can be sawed in half and new insulating material placed in it and hose clamps used to hold it together in a pinch. Those things are a shade tree mechanic/engineer's dream come true.

Collins, Continental, and Nautel take care of their customers with older gear. Older CCA transmitters are usually good, easily maintained rigs. But are quirky.

"Through this board, we were contacted by another station and have made a deal for a suitable transmitter. Best of all, it turned out to be only about 50 miles away. We can do a local pickup and save the freight. Thanks again." Very cool! Glad you found a local solution! R-I is an awesome resource!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom