• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Update on 99.5 Citrus Heights

Interesting. That document says it is related to a frequency used as an approach to a local airport. I had originally surmised that it was a beat between 99.5 and 105.1, with the (2a-b) product coming out at 110.7 MHz. That frequency is used as an IF stage in many microwave band receivers, where they use a 100 MHz oscillator to down-convert the signal to a standard 10.7 MHz IF for demodulation. If that was the case, there's not much that could be done to resolve interference except to move the transmitter further away from 105.1 or eliminate the device(s) doing the mixing - a monumental task. This sounds like it might be something different tho.

Dave B.

EMF HAS COORDINATED WITH THE FAA, WHICH HAS TENTATIVELY AUTHORIZED EMF TO OPERATE KSTN-FM DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS THE NIGHT OF APRIL 1 - APRIL 2, OR APRIL 6 - APRIL 7, IN AN EFFORT TO AVOID AUTOMATIC TERMINATION OF THE STATION LICENSE. ACCORDINGLY, EMF RESPECTFULLY REQUESTS AUTHORIZATION TO OPERATE KSTN-FM WITH THE FACILITIES AUTHORIZED IN ITS CONSTRUCTION PERMIT AT ONE OF THE THE ABOVE MENTIONED DATE AND TIME, TO PREVENT EXPIRATION OF ITS LICENSE.

This just about explains the situation, I believe! Interesting stuff!

Wondering if quasi-related KSTN/1420 needs to be switched on for a few hours so that its license ain't yanked...

in about 11 months from now.

My error. I thought the STA was only for 30 or 60 days.

Please disregard my previous post...

The KLVB Calls were first on 102.7 in Red Bluff, when 102.7 flipped from K-Love to Air1, it became KKRO, and the KLVB Calls moved to the former Redding Air1 Affilate at 91.5, EMF LMAed 91.5 to Nueva Vida and the KLVB calls moved to 99.5, so I'd assume the KSTN calls are in Redding now

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom