• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Up...and Up...and Up Even More!

N

network

Now with gas prices at an all-time high (the price for a barrel of oil actually hit $64.00 for a brief period of time on Monday), what is the current price of regular unleaded gasoline in your neck of the woods?

Here in the NE Ohio/Cleveland, OH area: gas went up late Monday morning/early PM to an all-time high of 2.49/gallon.

My car...filled it up today (2.39/gal) BEFORE it went up & it was literally on fumes...cost almost $27.00 to fill-up a 13-gallon tank. If I would've filled up at the current $2.49, it would've flirted with 30-freaking-dollars!!! Luckily, any long-distance traveling I plan to do will be flying. Compared to last year when I drove.

Any of you that used to use the higher grades but have since cutback? Have the high prices curtailed any traveling/vacation plans you had?

Prices have hit $2.59 around the Milwaukee area, although I did run across some stations that had not raised their prices just yet. However, I'm sure by tomorrow morning everyone will be at the same price.

Didn't it used to be that when someone LOWERED their prices, other stations followed suit to stay competitive?<P ID="signature">______________
Dan Cooper
AM540 The Word/105.3 The Fish Milwaukee, WI
Notice: My views, opinions, and statements are my own, not those of Salem Communications, its employees, partners, affiliates, or sponsors.</P>

> My car...filled it up today (2.39/gal) BEFORE it went up &
> it was literally on fumes...cost almost $27.00 to fill-up a
> 13-gallon tank. If I would've filled up at the current
> $2.49, it would've flirted with 30-freaking-dollars!!!
> Luckily, any long-distance traveling I plan to do will be
> flying. Compared to last year when I drove.

Awww...poor baby. Had to spend $27.00 to fill your tank. It costs me at least 50 to fill up every time (26 gallon tank). Consider yourself luckey. <P ID="signature">______________

AOL IM: wnjoldies or jamminoldies105
CBS-FM lives at http://67.83.117.32:8010
Oldies Board co-moderator</P>

> $2.19 in SW Missouri

$2.35 to $2.52 for unleaded in Providence/Boston area...im so glad I don't have an SUV

Hit $2.49 in Springfield, OH yesterday. Managed to find a station that hadn't gone up yet and got a tankful for $2.21.<P ID="signature">______________
Did the Corinthians ever write back?</P>

> Hit $2.49 in Springfield, OH yesterday. Managed to find a
> station that hadn't gone up yet and got a tankful for $2.21.
>
$2.309 yesterday at the Shell in Elkton, MD (near Newark, DE). That's its Manic Monday price (5 cents/gal. off all grades).

Like your signature btw, gr8oldies. :)

ixnay

> > Hit $2.49 in Springfield, OH yesterday. Managed to find a
> > station that hadn't gone up yet and got a tankful for
> $2.21.
> >
> $2.309 yesterday at the Shell in Elkton, MD (near Newark,
> DE). That's its Manic Monday price (5 cents/gal. off all
> grades).
>
> Like your signature btw, gr8oldies. :)
>
> ixnay
>

Went from $2.43 to $2.55 in 2 days. Sacramento, CA this is the real 87 octane stuff.. not the 85 you get in nevada/utah, etc...

Lovely.

-Timmy<P ID="signature">______________
Perfection is overrated...</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom