• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tucson Radio to Acquire KFLT-AM and K269FV Tucson

830/101.7 is back on the air today with "novelty hit" music. Branded "the Worm". Heard a legal ID but didn't quite catch the new call letters for 830.

Playing the likes of Steve Martin King Tut, Shirley Ellis Name Game, I'm A Nut Leroy Pullins, Beep Beep Playmates, The Thing Phil Harris, Larry Groce Junk Food Junkie.
Guess on the one hand you could rip it to shreds with the "playing 60 year old songs" for 75 year old's, good luck making money etc.
On the other hand just a bunch of guys who bought a station and are just d!ck!ng around. Good for them.

Playing the likes of Steve Martin King Tut, Shirley Ellis Name Game, I'm A Nut Leroy Pullins, Beep Beep Playmates, The Thing Phil Harris, Larry Groce Junk Food Junkie.

...Surfin' Bird, My Boomerang Won't Come Back, Purple People Eater, Tip Toe Through the Tulips, Witchdoctor are a few that I heard.

Is this the best the most powerful (daytime) AM radio signal in Arizona can do? Perhaps it's leading to something else.

Sounds like they invaded Dr. Demento's record library. No Legal ID at the top of the hour. That's a violation but the FCC doesn't care about anything except public files and EAS.
If this is the permanent format they will go broke in a hurry. I suspect it is temporary and the permanent format will be very different.

Last edited:
First song - Chicago "Beginnings" (fitting...)

Bobby Rich letting people know that they have no phones, no email, no social media, no website in the first hour. Studio they're in (downtown) is temporary.

My off-tangent question might be in today's media world, wouldn't you want to have as much of that in place as quickly as possible?

EDIT: It's there... https://thedrivetucson.com/ along with phone numbers.

Last edited:
Promising start!

It's too early to do this, but I'm struggling with the music format being played. A bit AC, a bit oldies...

Bang 545 could end up in the rotation, but it should be quite some time before it would pop up again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom