• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tucker Carlson is launching his own streaming service

Who's squashing? Are you going to pay seventy-plus to hear his lies and gibberish?
There's a reason he was canned at Fox News.
Nope, not at all paying...and if no one else does either it will fail. My only point to the comment I quoted was that we seem to have a mindset of division in this country now that if we don't personally agree with something or a certain viewpoint it shouldn't be allowed. Like has been said in many of these posts about music, talk or whatever...if you don't like it, just don't listen to it.

Nope, not at all paying...and if no one else does either it will fail. My only point to the comment I quoted was that we seem to have a mindset of division in this country now that if we don't personally agree with something or a certain viewpoint it shouldn't be allowed. Like has been said in many of these posts about music, talk or whatever...if you don't like it, just don't listen to it.
I agree, but as in the case with Fox News kicking Tucker to the curb; his defaming Dominion, Smartmatic, and others cost Newscorp over three-quarters of a billion dollars so far, not to mention the other lawsuits involving him creating a hostile work environment in particular, women who worked for him.
Defaming/harming businesses and creating a toxic work environment has nothing to do with free speech or agreement.

I agree, but as in the case with Fox News kicking Tucker to the curb; his defaming Dominion, Smartmatic, and others cost Newscorp over three-quarters of a billion dollars so far, not to mention the other lawsuits involving him creating a hostile work environment in particular, women who worked for him.
Defaming/harming businesses and creating a toxic work environment has nothing to do with free speech or agreement.

And now one of Tucker Carlson's producer is hit with an allegation. Yes that producer was at Fox News when Tucker was there but then again it's a case of it's crazier than that type arguments.

A former Fox News employee claims in a new civil lawsuit that Tucker Carlson‘s top producer Justin Wells sexually assaulted him in 2008.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court on Monday and cited New York’s Adult Survivors Act, which gave a one-year window for plaintiffs to file civil sexual abuse claims regardless of the statute of limitations.

Andrew Delancey, former regional producer for affiliate service Fox News Edge, claimed that in 2007, Wells contacted him on Facebook through a Fox employee Facebook group. At the time, Delancey was working at Fox 13 in Tampa Bay, and Wells was a producer at Fox 5 in New York. The next year, Wells encouraged Delancey to move to New York, and Delancey sent him his resume, according to the lawsuit. He eventually landed a job as a producer at the Fox News Edge team, and started in September, 2008.

I want the truth, not one side or the other. Seems half of the country hates hearing the truth and would rather have a story told to them.

It's one thing to read/view/listen to an honest broker of information with a conservative philosophy. I actually enjoy seeing/hearing/reading opinions or analysis that conflicts with my own. I usually learn something, even when I disagree with the person originating it. (Examples: David Brooks, David French, Ross Douthat, Bret Stevens, all in the New York Times. George Will. Charlie Sykes. Peggy Noonan. Meghan Kelly. A few others whose names aren't coming to me at the moment.)

That's different than Tucker. (Or so many of the hosts/performers still on Fox.) If you're going to gin up nonexistent controversies all day every day, invent "facts", lie through your teeth to keep the rubes watching and fulminating, all so you can keep selling bottom-feeder ads and maintain your cushy jobs and lifestyles while destroying your country, then you aren't worthy of being respected. That doesn't mean they should be censored by government. But there's no First Amendment right to lie over any privately-owned distribution channel and continue being carried.

But there's no First Amendment right to lie over any privately-owned distribution channel and continue being carried.

According to them, there is. The Dominion lawsuit wasn't about lying. It was about defamation.

So Fox News is free to lie all day if it wants to. It just can't defame someone while doing it.

According to them, there is. The Dominion lawsuit wasn't about lying. It was about defamation.

So Fox News is free to lie all day if it wants to. It just can't defame someone while doing it.
No, you're wrong on this. The *government* has no right to stop a member of the press or the media from carrying lies. But that doesn't mean Rupert, Lachlan or any other Murdoch is compelled to carry (or continue to carry) anyone's voice if doing so costs them money, reputational damage, or puts the license(s) at risk. If it were the opposite, no on-air personality would ever be at risk of getting terminated.

Back
Top Bottom