• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tru TV

Maybe they're reruns. And HGTV might make a little money by selling reruns of their shows to other networks.
no they are first run shows. Why would HGTV and Food Network "sell" shows to TNT and TBS when they are part of the same company. I am positive that WBD is trying to expose their lifestyle shows to other audiences by airing them on their non lifestyle channels.

Rerun binge-watch networks with a dash of Limu Emu, GEICO, and drug commercials (oh, don't forget the 36-minute time slots). See why I don't have cable anymore? I expect cable will be a thing of the past by the 2030s...all the good-quality shows have gone to HBO and streaming.

I expect cable will be a thing of the past by the 2030s...all the good-quality shows have gone to HBO and streaming.

All it means is that more of the financial responsibility for those shows will be born by the viewers and less by advertisers.

The cable companies aren't worried. They're selling internet service and cell phone service. They're confident they'll stay in business with other products.

There are other Discovery-Warner owned networks that should merge. After 4PM during the week and after 2PM on Saturdays and Sunday Discovery Family is nothing but reruns from their sister networks - Animal Planet, Food Network, HGTV, TLC, etc. Destination America has lots of reruns from HGTV. OWN too with reruns of House Hunters and reruns of Love it or List It. Discovery Life has reruns of old shows from TLC. And why not just shut down TLC all together? It's the all morbid obesity channel. Who the **** watches that crap - 1000lb Sisters and My 600 pound Life?

P.S. There are also some Paramount owned networks that should be merged and some from Comcast/NBC-Universal as well.

And wasn't TLC supposed to stand for The LEARNING Channel?? Has ANYONE ever "Learned" ANYTHING from that channel??

HLN can probably be folded into another Discovery channel at this point. Almost non-stop Forsenic Files. And looking at the upcoming week of programming on OWN it looks like virtually all the original OWN prime time programming is gone, only Friday night has new programming. Sad.

HLN is nothing more than Discovery Channel with newscasts. It;s top audiences are either patients in hospitals or various departments watching the lobby TV

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom