• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Translator ownership

slim101

Inactive
Inactive User
As a translator owner, station owner, and "broadcast engineer", I have always tried to follow the rule book as best I could.

These days, I see so many stations thumbing their nose at the FCC's non-fill-in translator ownership rules, that I am really frustrated by it.

I see so many situations where stations ignore the ownership rules of 74.1232, its laughable:

blatant disregard
station owner's husband owns the translator
translator owner has same last name and same address as the primary station owner
pay for a fill-in, get another one free
complaints to enforcement bureau with no follow-up

If I can spot these just wandering through the CDBS, why can't the Commission?

Has anyone seen any enforcement of 74.1232 anywhere? (Other than the Alaska fiasco thet was negated by Ted Stevens)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom