• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tom Moran has passed

This is from Tribute to Station of the Stars 950 WPEN Facebook page: “
I have some extremely sad news to pass along to you on this New Year’s Day. Philadelphia Radio Legend and beloved “950 Family” member Tom Moran, died this morning at age 88. As I sit here and try to put words together to describe my personal feelings about Tom, I am overwhelmed by a flood of memories that pass in my mind about Tom. Suffice to say this is a tough loss. Tom made us laugh behind the scenes at WPEN as much as he made his listeners laugh. Frankly, he was an easy guy to love, and we did. I could go on. We offer our deepest condolences to Tom’s family – the family he loved so dearly. Godspeed my friend…………”

A rock-and-rolling punk from Queens and Long Island here who moved to and worked in Philly for a few years.
WPEN's Standards became a favourite for me after just a very short while, with Joe Niagara and nighttimes becoming a very good listen to the station's version of my Folks' music.
The fondest Tom Moran recall here was his mischievous sense of humor. One night he played 'Sh-boom' (by the Crew Cuts, I think).
♫ Dadaly dadaly dadaladada sh-boom!'
And then the tacet, the false end.
Moran: 'Isn't this beautiful?'
♫ Sh-boom, sh-boom, dadalyada dadalyada .....'
God Bless, Tom Moran.

A gracious and funny man, Tom Moran. Rest in peace and know that you'll be missed.

His smile was infectious and you couldn't help but be happy when he was around.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom