• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tom Leykis and Phoenix

A

azenergyfan

Been checking out the daily Leykis show through the tunein app and am loving it! Interested to see that just through his website he drew 80K plus last week alone and that isn't including any of the apps like tune in and winamp that can pick up his show. Also Phoenix came in the top 5 of cities tuning in to the new show. Looks like he still has an audience here... a true measure of a show that is loved by a city is the fact that listeners do whatever it takes to get their dose of the show. I wonder one day when Rush is only available in this medium if his listeners will do whatever it takes to listen to his show...hmmmmm

Leykis is creepy. A 60 + year old man doing a show for horny 20 year old ignorant men?

No thanks, keep him away from your daughter, "comb-over boy" can only win a fight against a smaller woman. ::)

Huge numbers compared to what? His show compared to others within his own network? Really, what's he comparing them to? Don't drink the Kool-Aid from someone trying to sell their own show. Huge numbers will get him on a Phoenix radio station.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the way we get radio is changing. We no longer are going to "tune in" at a specefic time or day to catch our favorite show. We want it when we want it. TV has gone through this with the DVR/TIVO and radio is following suite. Actually listening to the radio on a generic fm/am station soon will be a thing of the past. I have my presets locked in on my tune in app which has stations from Buffalo to Los Angeles and even Toronto. I have some of my fav shows on Apps from their web site and others on podcasts. Don't really see a need to tune in on fm or am these days. For some it will be hard to move away from the traditional radio format but trust me, the way you listen to radio now will be ancient history soon enough. Side note, Leykis show is one of the top listened to streams in the world, not just saying hes got the numbers to prove it. You like to hate but the facts are the facts, people are listening every day to his show and those same listeners are lost listeners for traditional radio.

Breaking News.. this just in from the Tom Leykis Facebook

"401 THOUSAND LISTENERS! Call us and tell us what you think! We have 401 THOUSAND LISTENERS! MORE than KABC and 13 other LA stations!"

Those are real numbers not a sample across a demographic just real raw numbers. Hmmmm not bad I must say ;-)

I've been listening to Tom Leykis and the numbers show that people are listening to his online show/podcast! Bite that Leykis haters!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom