• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

This is why I delete posts - Furthermore...

• Thread starter classicradionut
  • Start date
somewhat true

Lest's face it, guys & gals-- select Moderators (who have a nearly impossible task, BTW) can tend to be a little over-sensitive from time to time. And I think most of us see some posters can be over-critical of things about this site; some of the Moderators recognize most posts for what they are and are pretty cool but it is true that others can be a little like a Neighborhood Association-- just a little bit too hard-line.

Often, it's the top of the food chain mucky-mucks who get testy over technical questions (like we're below their intellect or something, then they'll over- explain something in such ultra-technical terms just to make sure we know how smart they are). It's a little old and a bit junior high sometimes.

Kudos to most- you do a great job and we do appreciate you.

> >
> Obviously the moderator disagreed with you.Im not the one
> you need to be preaching your case to either. Like I said
> stannd by your post, you pulled something, you got busted
> for it, suck it up, dont go back and try to pad it like it
> was not meant as a diss. be a man as they say.
>

Re: Comparing what Mercury said to What John Dennis said

Every day should be open day on John Dennis after his suspension for making fun - not of a minority person - but of children in general. It's kind of like Rush Limbaugh saying he didn't say Chelsea Clinton was the white house dog when he allegedly implied it.

So John Dennis and Rush Limbaugh can use the airwaves for their "free speech" which is hate speech, but anyone responding to them is called a bad word like
"You're a Howard Dean", "You're a Michael Moore", "You're A Newsweek", "You're
Amnesty International."

Yep. And proud of it. I'm on the right side, which is the left. And we won't be left behind. Dennis is lucky all Mercury did was call him the Pillsbury Doughboy. He's actually a Racist Dough-boy - getting his dough from anti-gay and anti-children smears. How can ANYONE defend John Dennis?

> It doesn't adversely affect the sale of their product to use
> a fictitious character, as many companies do. If the symbol
> didn't work for them, they wouldn't have been using it for
> decades.
>
> That has nothing to do with saying that a real person looks
> like the Pillsbury Doughboy, which is an insult to that
> person.
>

> Yep. And proud of it. I'm on the right side, which is the
> left. And we won't be left behind. Dennis is lucky all
> Mercury did was call him the Pillsbury Doughboy. He's
> actually a Racist Dough-boy - getting his dough from
> anti-gay and anti-children smears. How can ANYONE defend
> John Dennis?

I wasn't. Honestly, I don't even listen to the show, or to right-wing talk radio in general. I was simply defining what constituted an insult.

(Left-wing talk radio can grate on me too after a while, even if I happen to agree with more of the points of view).

> > Yep. And proud of it. I'm on the right side, which is the
>
> > left. And we won't be left behind. Dennis is lucky all
> > Mercury did was call him the Pillsbury Doughboy. He's
> > actually a Racist Dough-boy - getting his dough from
> > anti-gay and anti-children smears. How can ANYONE defend
> > John Dennis?
>
> I wasn't. Honestly, I don't even listen to the show, or to
> right-wing talk radio in general. I was simply defining what
> constituted an insult.
>
> (Left-wing talk radio can grate on me too after a while,
> even if I happen to agree with more of the points of view).
>
Agreed, personally I think (in reference to his on air persona) he's a turd but that is not what was at issue here. The fact is that calling him "doughboy" was meant as an insult and it was deleted by the moderator, again stand by it and admit it. Millenium fails to realize that while we may agree with him that hate speech is wrong it doesnt make it ok to insult someone on this board if personal insults are outlawed even if they are deserved.

Can we end this now? it's going in circles and no one seems to be getting it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom