• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

They come and they go at KKGO

H

Hot Hits

Many big changes happening at KKGO. Tanya Campos, P.D. & Talent exited a few months ago, Michael Levine this week was announced as the new Program Director in addition to Station Manager, Christine Martindale is returning for afternoons, and Paul Freeman is finally hanging up his headphones and leaving the Southland. Paul, we here at Radio Discussions wish you the best with your new house in Spokane and thank you for all the excellent work over the years! Getting the opportunity to work with Paul at KIIS and experience his daily shenanigans with Big Ron is something I'll never forget. He was and is one of the nicest, sincere, down to earth pleasant persons I've ever known. Paul I hated you at Disco KIIS~

Many big changes happening at KKGO. Tanya Campos, P.D. & Talent exited a few months ago, Michael Levine this week was announced as the new Program Director in addition to Station Manager, Christine Martindale is returning for afternoons, and Paul Freeman is finally hanging up his headphones and leaving the Southland. Paul, we here at Radio Discussions wish you the best with your new house in Spokane and thank you for all the excellent work over the years! Getting the opportunity to work with Paul at KIIS and experience his daily shenanigans with Big Ron is something I'll never forget. He was and is one of the nicest, sincere, down to earth pleasant persons I've ever known. Paul I hated you at Disco KIIS~

This sounds like the final act of the play which is entitled "Setting up for a sale".

o

I was thinking the same thing, or it could be just another year when Saul cleans house.

I've heard Saul's daughter is very involved in the business as well. I rarely disagree with David (the odds aren't in my favor), but I think this might be more about setting thing up for the full hand-off to the next generation.

I think this might be more about setting thing up for the full hand-off to the next generation.

That's my take as well. Michael has worked his way up in the station, and now he's pretty much running everything. He's very serious about it, and loves the format. If I remember correctly, choosing this format was his idea.

We don't have a lot of examples of this, especially in major markets, but this is usually what happens in family businesses.

David bugenske is the new mid-day Jock at go country 105. From 10 to 2 weekdays. Congratulations David. Doesn't look like he has radio experience
According to his bio on Go country. But he could have started as an intern and worked his way up.

David bugenske is the new mid-day Jock at go country 105. From 10 to 2 weekdays. Congratulations David. Doesn't look like he has radio experience
According to his bio on Go country. But he could have started as an intern and worked his way up.
According to his own bio he worked with Dial Global Radio Networks, Salem Communications & Clear Channel Radio

I know what 30James said is true re: David Bugenske's pic on the Go Country 105 website where the midday host would be, however...

It was announced on 8/16/16 that country artist Easton Corbin will "guest host" middays from 9/6 - 9/30/16.
He continues the new tradition of country artists guesting in the midday slot this year;
he succeeds Cassadee Pope - who was preceded by Dustin Lynch.

Perhaps David will be producing (plus maybe somewhat "co-hosting") the midday program.

AllAccess.com story link: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...n-corbin-to-fill-in-on-middays-at-kkgo-los-an

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom