• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The worst commercials in TV history..

We have a new stinker from Allstate: Mr. Mayhem as a bird in the attic, being swatted at by Larry Bird while he destroys his house, including falling through the attic floor. I can't believe Larry stooped so low as to agree to do this. He certainly doesn't need the money. If I want to watch an NBA Hall-of-Famer make a fool of himself, I'll watch Charles Barkley.

We have a new stinker from Allstate: Mr. Mayhem as a bird in the attic, being swatted at by Larry Bird while he destroys his house, including falling through the attic floor. I can't believe Larry stooped so low as to agree to do this. He certainly doesn't need the money. If I want to watch an NBA Hall-of-Famer make a fool of himself, I'll watch Charles Barkley.
What about Mr. Mayhem battling his brother in basketball and destroying the house?

At 44:00 there is a Wendy's commercial where a customer asks for a bowl of chili at a fast food restauranr and the worker leaves to take him to Wendy's. You are not supposed to do that. He is betraying his own workplace and biting the hand that feeds him.

My family actually likes the Limu and Doug series of commercials. Doug is so earnest about it all, his replacement has a head as empty as he is attractive and an emu just walking around an office being Doug's assistant/sidekick is amusing. Simple concept, well executed.

Maybe I'm just as empty headed as I am attractive.

Val
I have to admit that those are good points. I have noted that, for now, Doug’s “replacement” is MIA.

Back
Top Bottom