• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The WHTZ Z100 Movie (2000)

Here is another very nice movie of Z100, not too short and not to long. Without a script, and dressed up with some nice jingles.
How do you like this movie?
Btw, it does feature Hal Knapp here, the commercial production director since 1988. I am wondering if he still is producing commercials for Z100.
He must be in the middle of his fifties, maybe he left this business already?

Thanks for posting this video...great stuff! Looks like 2005, not 2000 though. No World Trade Center in any of the city view videos, and they play the Black Eyed Peas "Don't Phunk With My Heart" which was released in 2005. Paul Cubby Bryant left Z100 in 2006 to host mornings at co-owned WKTU.

I believe the Z100 studios were in Jersey City at this time. They moved from their original studios at 333 Meadowlands Pkwy. in Secaucus around 2000, and then moved again to Manhattan in 2008.

I think it's an interview from 2000 that the intern put together a few years later. You are right that the music (and jingles) are from about five years later. But in the shot from Tom Poleman's office you can see the original World Trade Center towers at a bit of a distance (across the river?) And he talks about "AM-FM" which would peg it around 1999-2000.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom