• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Walrus 105.7 FM

Big 121 said:
Thanks for the "La Pantera" clarification, MJ. Unlike some posters here, I don't know everything...
Oldies76- There's still a record shop in SoCal? Great- I've been looking for the album version of
the '66 "Wade In The Water" by Ramsey Lewis . Hope they have a website..

Yes, Firestone Blvd off the 5 Freeway in Norwalk, huge online catalog posted. A huge selection of 12" and 45's for sale, mainly "new-old stock" I'm not sure about "Wade in the Water" though.

justpassingthough said:
Its tedious to read these boards and keep seeing people equate "my friends" or "one record store in Norwalk" with a representative sample for anything.

Just mentioning that some people in L.A. still purchase oldies in music stores...Never said this represents a large sample of all who live in L.A., just said that some still do buy oldies.

And yes it's a sample to some degree, it shows some people still like oldies from the 50's, 60's and 70's, otherwise the place would have shuttered years ago, since that is their specialty, tedious as it may seem to YOU.

oldies76 said:
And yes it's a sample to some degree, it shows some people still like oldies from the 50's, 60's and 70's, otherwise the place would have shuttered years ago, since that is their specialty, tedious as it may seem to YOU.

It's, in a way, a sign of the times, that Norwalk is about 72% Hispanic. And, particularly when talking about 50's and 60's oldies, most were not heard in Latin America, and few were really that big among Hispanics who were already living in the US at the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom