• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The "Talking House" - AM frequency broadcasts

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you have ever seen anything like this or not - I just did a few weeks ago.

A house down the road from where I live in New Hampshire is for sale. The realestate signs said to turn to AM1670 and listen to "the talking house." So I did. It's pretty cool actually - It's a sales pitch, explaining the whole house, acres, heat, new carpet...etc...

Have you ever seen anything like this? Is this some fad that took about 10 years to finally come to New England? And...does the FCC allow this?

Steve

It has been around for years. The first one I can recall hearing was in Bennington, Vermont in 2002. I think they've been around a lot longer that that though. And yes, it is perfectly legal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom