• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Road To Nowhere

I am wondering if anyone here has 'tape' of that superhighway west of Reading being CALLED that on traffic reports.

See, to our county north of Berks County (Schuylkill), for years the nearest Home Depot to us was in Wyomissing. I still do some home-improvement stuff, sometimes for money. And Home Depot since has put up a store just south of us, in St. Clair. But for the longest while I'd have to haul my biscuit to Wyomissing for supplies.
Of course, I'd have to take the Road To Nowhere to get to the Home Depot. I could actually see the Home Depot red neon sign way in the distance, but there'd be hundreds of caution cones and orange barrels and detours.

Well, anyway ..... I was just wondering if any actual audio of the road being referred to as 'The Road To Nowhere' exists amongst you posters. I will pay a good price (OBO), or swap some other audio if any such radio mention is available.

And what the devil are they CALLING that new road nowadays?

I know WEEU was calling it that on their traffic reports as recently as about 2001. At that point, the highway had just been completed for a couple of years, but people were still calling it that for awhile. Sometimes "the former road to nowhere." You're right. It'd be neat if someone had tape of that somewhere. Now, it's just called the 222 bypass up to where 12 is, and beyond that, it's the West Shore Bypass.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom