• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Looong Adam Bomb Show

Q99-7 is innovatively programmed. Its formatics and music reflect insight and creativity. And, Adam Bomb is excellent, one of the best jocks in the market and perfect for afternoon drive on Q.

The Adam Bomb Show is on from 3-7. Then at 7, it's...the Adam Bomb Show, voice tracked this time, until midnight. That's 9 straight hours of Adam Bomb. No wonder they call it The Takeover; he must lock the control room door and not let anyone in.

As good as Adam is, and as proud as his parents, Mr and Mrs Bomb, must be, that's too much of one jock for my liking.

It's been many months since former evening jock Byron got swept out in a budget cutback. I recognize the financial challenges at radio stations these days. But, couldn't Q99-7 pay a Cumulus jock from another market to VT evenings? It doesn't seem consistent for a major market station so well programmed to have one voice for 9 hours straight.

I heard Byron actually left for personal reasons instead of budget cuts. Perhaps they’re taking their time to find someone that fits. I’ve heard someone from Mix in DC VT nights a couple of times. I’ve also heard some local jocks on overnights so I’m wondering if the applicants they’ve received so far aren’t a good fit for what they need. Just my guess though.

It's been many months since former evening jock Byron got swept out in a budget cutback. I recognize the financial challenges at radio stations these days. But, couldn't Q99-7 pay a Cumulus jock from another market to VT evenings? It doesn't seem consistent for a major market station so well programmed to have one voice for 9 hours straight.

I find it so sad that a CHR station that typically appeals to a younger listeners, no longer cares about what used to be their biggest young audience, nights. So many are voice tracked. What a waste. (But then again, younger people probably aren't listening to the radio at night anymore....so there's that.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom