• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Future of FCC Regulation

I post this article here because it relates to the possible changes in the way regulatory agencies work as the "administrative state" is being challenged by conservative groups. Last week, a major radio operator was fined by the FCC for not properly posting its EEO file. Some find that rule cumbersome and unnecessary. Others see EEO in general as discriminatory. The Supreme Court is taking up some of those rules now, and their decisions will affect all regulatory agencies, including the FCC. It's very likely that FCC ownership rules or indecency rules could be wiped out by the courts. This article explains how:

The goal seems to be to get rid of administrative agencies and shift power to the states. Maybe.there would be a Tennessee FCC and a Kentucky FCC with allocations worked out among the states. Conservative Republicans and evangelical broadcasters get priority. Hmm

The goal seems to be to get rid of administrative agencies and shift power to the states. Maybe.there would be a Tennessee FCC and a Kentucky FCC with allocations worked out among the states. Conservative Republicans and evangelical broadcasters get priority. Hmm

I don't know about that. Broadcasting crosses state lines, so the constitution says it requires federal oversight. However, Republicans have worked to eliminate some FCC regulations, and it's likely that will continue.

The FCC doesn't seem to rule on indecency anymore I can't remember the last time The Big 4 have been fined for a TV show. I know The CW has never been fine.

The FCC doesn't seem to rule on indecency anymore I can't remember the last time The Big 4 have been fined for a TV show. I know The CW has never been fine.
If they want to ban books, TV shows and music might not be far behind when the government id=s dominated by religious fanatics

I post this article here because it relates to the possible changes in the way regulatory agencies work as the "administrative state" is being challenged by conservative groups. Last week, a major radio operator was fined by the FCC for not properly posting its EEO file. Some find that rule cumbersome and unnecessary. Others see EEO in general as discriminatory.
Considering how many requirements have been simplified or eliminated altogether, it's shocking to see this is even a concern. EEO requirements for broadcast have gotten pretty close to any business hiring hurdles anywhere in the U.S. The only kind of station or organization that's actually allowed to discriminate, are religious broadcasters.

Do enough people watch the CW to notice?
I pay attention to every word the characters say and everything they do, and I've found nothing that the FCC would consider indecent.

From the FCC's website:
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) defines indecent speech as material that, in context, depicts or describes sexual or excretory organs or activities in terms patently offensive as measured by contemporary community standards for the broadcast medium.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom