• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Billy Madison Show / The Big Mad Morning Show

I'll confess to not regularly listening to either of these shows, but a younger friend says she heard one of them (Billy Madison?) say on the air that "they" (I assume the morning show & not Renda) were suing The Big Mad Morning Show (I assume not Clear Channel).

I tried listening to some of their archived shows, & while I couldn't find the alleged comment about a lawsuit, it DID sound like perhaps Madison suspected the BMMS of somehow giving the entire morning show food poisoning. (??) He also claimed the BMMS had laughed about it and made comments allegedly suggesting it would have been great if his 3-month old child had gotten food poisoning too (and died? Billy sounded like he thought that was what they were saying).

I'd heard nothing about anything between the two morning shows other than typical rivalry, so I'm suspecting this is all hype and no substance... but does anybody know if there actually IS some sort of legal action being directed from one air booth to the other, and why?

P.S. - After listening to the archives of The Billy Madison show, if I NEVER hear the word "penis" again, it will be too soon!

NightAire said:
I'll confess to not regularly listening to either of these shows, but a younger friend says she heard one of them (Billy Madison?) say on the air that "they" (I assume the morning show & not Renda) were suing The Big Mad Morning Show (I assume not Clear Channel).

I tried listening to some of their archived shows, & while I couldn't find the alleged comment about a lawsuit, it DID sound like perhaps Madison suspected the BMMS of somehow giving the entire morning show food poisoning.  (??)  He also claimed the BMMS had laughed about it and made comments allegedly suggesting it would have been great if his 3-month old child had gotten food poisoning too (and died? Billy sounded like he thought that was what they were saying).

I'd heard nothing about anything between the two morning shows other than typical rivalry, so I'm suspecting this is all hype and no substance...  but does anybody know if there actually IS some sort of legal action being directed from one air booth to the other, and why?

P.S. - After listening to the archives of The Billy Madison show, if I NEVER hear the word "penis" again, it will be too soon!

I have it on good authority that legal action has been pursued.

I also have it on good authority that it reeks of sour grapes.

You're listened to the Billy Madison archives, listen to BMMS' past shows too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom