• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The battle of the LPFMs

Well talk about a mess. Here are the all the LPs on 92.9 in and around Philly. At least the ones known to be on air.
WGGT
WOOM
WZML

Now the ones that have licenses/CPs but might not sign on.
WRGU
WRLG

all sharing one single frequency. Their signals all overlap each other and apparently WGGT, RGU AND RLG all have expired CPs. This is a total mess. Yes, WGGT and WZML air really good music and talk, but how ever the FCC okay'ed this is a mystery to me. I know the owner/ engineer of WZML, he's been an engineer for decades upon decades, a really good guy, and he cannot believe this mess either. Along with all the translators too, the Philly FM band is packed to the brim.

Odd. The FCC is usually so efficient and keeps everyone's best interests in mind. LOL

Passed the WOOM site today on the NW corner of 17th and McKean in South Philly on top of some religious church, its a mostly steel poll about 50 feet high mounted on the roof of the church, with some strange antennas on it. They still are not on the air with WGGT hogging the frequency.

Good 'ol 92.9. That frequency seems extra packed with LPFM's lately it seems. I know there's one out in Reading, too, and I think one down in Lancaster that has been complaining because the one in Reading is interfering with them. One thing I know is that gone are my days of sometimes sampling AC station WMGS from Scranton. That monster signal used to make it down to east central PA quite a bit. Now all I get are a zillion LPFM's on that frequency.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom