• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Babys

wavelength

Inactive
Inactive User
Before John Waite had success as a solo artist in the 80's he fronted a band at the end of the 70's called The Babys. The big song was Everytime I Think Of You. It actually was on rock stations at the time. It may have been too hard for Soft AC in 1979-80 but It would probably fit today.

> Before John Waite had success as a solo artist in the 80's
> he fronted a band at the end of the 70's called The Babys.
> The big song was Everytime I Think Of You. It actually was
> on rock stations at the time. It may have been too hard for
> Soft AC in 1979-80 but It would probably fit today.

I distinctly remember hearing another Babys song on an AC/Easy Listening station in 1978: "Silver Dreams." In fact, I never heard it on any other station.

By today's standards, when I can hear Sly & the Family Stone, Labelle's "Lady Marmalade" and Amii Stewart's "Knock On Wood" on a Soft AC station, "Every Time I Think Of You" would actually be a soothing relief.

I've always had a bit of a problem with that song with regard to it's rather weak lyric:

"Every time I think of you, it always turns out good"

Huh? Did a 3rd grader write this or what?

But I love their 1977 hit "Isn't It Time"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom