• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TFT 5115 STL System

Has anyone purchased and used the latest TFT 5115 stl system? This is the system that includes the transmitter and receiver for one price, rather than having to purchase two separate units. Let me know what your collective thoughts are.

What's Moseley selling? We had the Touchy Effin' Technology 7 thousand series. The sound is excellent, totally uncolored. However, flex the chassis of the transmitter and watch the power output fall. They're kinda lightweight. Bolt them in a rack in a conditioned environment and they run on and on. Go get a Moseley 6030 system and they run on and on anywhere.

Had a pair of 5115's on an fm in south louisiana,working great for over 4 years,then along came the lightning storm.Back to TFT.They are lightweight to say the least .Sound great,but i still lean toward Moseley and really like the newer Rincon series.But for a low budget operation the 5115's are ok.

I have a set of 8300s. In 1992 when the station went on the air, the bought a set of them and couldn't even get them to work. So, TFT sent them another set. That set wouldn't work either. When I say they wouldn't work, I mean across the bench from each other. So, eventually they sent a loaner that did work, and the station kept them. Fast foward to around 2007. I discovered oddities with the transmitter including when I closed the door on the back of the rack or disturbed the unit in any way, it would drop off the air. Banging around would restore it to being back on the air. It turns out there was a very crappy piston capacitor that wore out because they sent it around as a loner unit. Normally piston caps aren't that prone to failing. I guess TFT used the cheapest parts they could find. Since then it's ran OK. I've also had extperience with TFT EAS units. Frankly, most of their stuff is minimal. It runs, but not great. I'd go with Moseley or even the new BW Broadcast analog STL system. It's based on their FM tuner DSP technology. That's a very far cry from TFT.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom