• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tampa Bay's Longest Running Radio Formats

Formats that have gone the longest without a wrenching change and discontinuity of station identity:

WTMP, Urban, 50 + years

WKES-FM, 101.5 now 91.1, Religious, began as WGNB-FM, 40 + years

WQYK-FM, Country, 36 years

WDUV-FM, 103.3 then 103.5 now 105.5, Soft AC segue from B/EZ, 33 years

WRXB, Urban, 30 years

WTIS, Religious, 29 years

WQBN, Hispanic aimed at Caribbean listeners, 24 years (including WSOL, would be the oldest if not for the interruption of the WTYM "Time Machine" format in the early 80's)

WFLA, Talk, 20+ years

WXTB, 98 Rock, 16 years (not counting the original 70's version or the brief 80's classic rock with a symbolic gray background instead of black)

Any additions/ deletions/ arguments?

Just wondering about WRXB. Haven't they "gone gospel" a couple of times (or maybe still are)? I realize it would be "black gospel" but to me an urban format connotes secular music. Nitpicking on my part, perhaps, and certainly not a wholesale change in station presentation or 'philosophy.'

I'd also think 97 Country WPCV would be in the running?

WRXB sells itself aa "The Best R&B" and Gospel. They're Gospel in the morning, secular R&B the rest of the day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom