• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Talk Radio in the Age of Trump

I'm wondering what talk radio will be like, now that Trump has been elected with a majority in both houses of Congress.

I'm wondering what talk radio will be like, now that Trump has been elected with a majority in both houses of Congress.

It should be interesting with the conflicting views of Trump supporters and conservatives. Howie went for Trump and ditched Baker and his brand of MA Republicanism. That is something to look for locally.

How does that play out nationally? Is a Republican civil war good for talk radio or does it do better when railing against the Democrats?

Well I'm just thinking, today's talk radio is based greatly on disagreeing with those in power. So what does talk radio do when all the people in power are those you support? I was thinking back to when GWB became president and Rush continued to talk mostly about Bill Clinton (and Congress) even though Clinton was no longer in power.

They can oppose the mainstresm media.Or oppose the local politicians,nearly all of whom are Democrats.That includes New England representatives and Senators though the GOP did pick up governorships in VT with Scott and NH with Sununu.

Well I'm just thinking, today's talk radio is based greatly on disagreeing with those in power. So what does talk radio do when all the people in power are those you support? I was thinking back to when GWB became president and Rush continued to talk mostly about Bill Clinton (and Congress) even though Clinton was no longer in power.

I don't know who Rush supported so I can't guess how it would play out with him. There could be shows attacking Trump because he isn't doing what he said he would do or shows could take sides if Trump fights with the Republicans in Congress. Either way, I think they can gin up some outrage.

One thing Trump is an expert in is stirring the pot and giving the media something to talk about. He complained about the media, but he plays it like a fiddle. He would not be where he is today without it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom