• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Syndicated shows that were planned but never happened

mleach

Inactive
Inactive User
About 10, maybe 15 years ago I remember reading in our local paper where Bob Denver ( yeah that Bob Denver ) was planning on hooking up with the West Virginia based Metronews Radio Network to syndicate a Gilligan's Island themed oldies show. The show would also feature Dawn "Mary Ann" Wells and Russell "The Professor" Johnson. I am pretty sure the show aired on maybe one or two radio stations in West Virginia ( I believe Denver used his money to pay for airtime ) and was streamed online but his "deal" with Metronews never happened. One story I heard as to why this never happened was Bob Denver's big ego which ticked out Metronews. Anyway I don't think Denver's show lasted long.

When Mickey Dolenz was doing mornings at NYC's WCBS-FM, the were rumors that he, Davy Jones and Peter Tork would reunite together and do a...syndicated oldies show featuring lots of music by the Monkees. That never happened.

Back in the 70's I can recall hearing someplace where Wolfman Jack was supposed to start doing his version of Casey Kasem's American Top 40. Did this ever happened.

Back in 2000 my wife attened the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz fesival in Jamestown, NY. She was telling me that the folks who sponsor the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz festival were "talking" about having Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz Jr doing a radio show that would air on a number of stations around the country. The show would be about Lucille Ball and stories about the red head.

Syndicated Talk...Phil Donahue, Marlo Thomas and Roseanne Barr were all at one time supposed to start doing their own radio talk shows. Roseanne I knew for a very short time did a show not too long ago on Air America but Phil Donahue? Marlo Thomas? Did they ever do talk radio?

When Delilah became popular..wasn't there plans from some other big syndicator to launch a carbon copy of Delilah using another woman?

Any other plans you heard about a syndicated radio show that were supposed to happen..but didn't?

I live about 30 air miles north of a station (WDMX) that did air Denver's show for a short time. His wife Dreama was his co-host. He was allegedly sharing "Hollywood Insider"-type info, along with oldies. As to syndication, I wouldn't know. IIRC, his estate is still running his low-powered FM (WGAG?).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom