• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Steve Goss going to 90.1

Sounds like an odd gig, but according to Rodney Ho's blog, WABE has hired Steve Goss to be the morning news reader during "Morning Edition".

This sounds like Tom Barclay, 20+ veteran of the old WKCX 97.7 Rome. When the station was sold to GPB last summer, he was hired by GPB to be the GM of the new WGPB Rome.

A congratulations should be in order for Mr. Goss. I wonder how he would sound introducing classical music instead of soft rock (if he has to fill in for one of the classical DJ's).

I say bravo for Steve. It is a bit of an odd pairing at first blush, but I think it will be a great fit. He has a classic voice.

PW

Steve is a class act with a great, recognizable voice and should fit well in that format. Good luck Steve! Sure beats working for CC ;)

Good luck, Steve. One thing, though--don't--please--don't succumb to the "trying to sound like Lois Reitzes" thing that seems to happen to air talent over there. Come to think of it, you could maybe complement her delivery by sounding like, say, Christopher Walken. You know, odd pauses inserted for no reason; inflections and emphasis on the wrong words. That.........kindofthing....works......................reallywell.

;D

Seriously, Steve--best of luck. You deserve good stuff, and I hope this is all you want it to be. Plus, no more England Dan and John Ford Coley!

Good luck and Congrats to Steve Goss. I am very happy to see him get a new job here in Atlanta cause he does not deserve anything less for his legendary and classic voice. :)

;)Great news! Steve is indeed a class act and a great guy. I worked with him for 15 years at Peach and he was one of the hold outs after the CC takeover. Glad to see he stays in the market. ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom