• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Stations I received 8/13/09 in Sanford, ME.

Last night I received a few new stations I've never received before.

New Stations:

93.3 WSNE Taunton, MA Hot AC
96.1 WSRS Worcester, MA AC
98.1 WCTK New Bedford, MA Country
105.1 WWLI Providence, RI AC
107.3 WAAF Westborough, MA Active Rock

Stations received in the past:

93.7 WMKK Lawrence, MA Mike FM
100.7 WZLX Boston, MA Classic Rock
102.5 WKLB Waltham, MA Country
103.3 WODS Boston, MA Oldies
104.1 WBMX Boston, MA Hot AC
104.5 WXLO Fitchburg, MA Hot AC
106.7 WMJX Boston, MA AC
107.9 WXKS Medford, MA CHR

But for some reason the new 98.5 WBZ-FM didn't come in because normally it would come in with all the other Boston stations.

I was getting WBLM down in Rochester, MA near Wareham over semi local Pixy 103 on a boombox w/ a really bad tuner.

You guys have been experiencing tropospheric ducting - which often happens during warm, humid days. In New England, Providence and Cape Cod FM stations commonly pound 100+ miles inland during such episodes. Portland and Boston signals also commonly get a boost from these conditions. The stations with transmitters relatively near the coast seem to do the best.

None of the above seem to get the 300-400 mile range that our friends in the southeast experience from tropo - but from SE New England to Sanford, ME is not that uncommon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom