• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Star 102.1

Star 102.1 has both their main and auxiliary transmitters on right now (12/31/2023 at 1:50 a.m.) and the auxiliary is winning. The way I can tell is the stronger one doesn’t have RDS and isn’t synced with the HD. When I’m able to null the auxiliary, I can hear the main, which is synced with the HD, plus the RDS pops up. Interesting!

Star 102.1 has both their main and auxiliary transmitters on right now (12/31/2023 at 1:50 a.m.) and the auxiliary is winning. The way I can tell is the stronger one doesn’t have RDS and isn’t synced with the HD. When I’m able to null the auxiliary, I can hear the main, which is synced with the HD, plus the RDS pops up. Interesting!
Could be testing the aux overnight when few people are listening. There are some problems that won’t show up when the transmitter is running into the dummy load but they will show up when running into the antenna at full power.

Could be testing the aux overnight when few people are listening. There are some problems that won’t show up when the transmitter is running into the dummy load but they will show up when running into the antenna at full power.
I notice various stations switching to their auxiliary every now and then, but I thought it was odd that they had both the main and auxiliary running at the same time for several hours last night. It was completely unlistenable, unless you had an HD radio, as their HD was still on.

I notice various stations switching to their auxiliary every now and then, but I thought it was odd that they had both the main and auxiliary running at the same time for several hours last night. It was completely unlistenable, unless you had an HD radio, as their HD was still on.
I'm not sure why they'd need to test with both running at the same time. Could be an oversight or could be the experiment of a semi-bored engineer. Could even be a case of the Aux site thought the main went off and came up automatically.

Back
Top Bottom