• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Standards / Beautiful music stations playing Christmas music?

tradrev

Inactive
Inactive User
Hello all,

Since Clear Channel just took out the last standards / American classics station around here, this is our first year with no beautiful music stations around Christmastime ... a few oldies and "lite rock" stations are playing Christmas music of course, but I miss the great selections of those "beautiful music" stattions.

Can anyone recommend any great Internet streams for this time of year? I know it's late -- I've been meaning to post all week, and now on Friday I've finally got enough free time to fool around with the net stream -- but I hope to be pulling in some great streams next week.

I did find gmmy.com but they're not always live and not always Christmas. We had a "Music of your Life" station that played the best selections ... anything like that out there? What are you all listening to?

Merry Christmas!

You too. I'm leaving until after the holiday because I don't have my own computer.

My station is a Dial Global affiliate except when they go local, though the nighttime signal is not ideal.

My old station was www.mix106.net but they've gone way downhill, and to call them standards is an exaggeration. Even now.

I've got to say that I'm really disappointed that no one was able to help. Are there no more Music of Your Life stations playing Christmas music and streaming? Has Clear Channel destroyed this format forever? What's going on?

I'm able to tune in to various standards / beautiful music streams at xiph.org and shoutcast.com but those music streams aren't the same -- they're like listening to satellite radio -- while what I'm looking for is *real* radio, you know, deejays and station ids and all the rest.

KKJL (kkjl1400.com) in San Luis Obispo streams and is a Dial Global (formerly Westwood One) affiliate. KJWL (kjwl.com) in Fresno is Dial Global on weekends but locally produced with morning and PM drive DJs during the week. It's a very good station.

Rarely listen to Music of Your Life, but KKAD in Portland, OR (1550kkad.com) streams.

It's a little late to post on this thread, but I guess those who can listen online can benefit by whatever goes here. I can't, but thanks.

Thanks all. There's also KIXI.com out of Seattle. Just discovered them today, they stream, but the stream seems to be down right now ...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom