• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Staff Let Go at KGMZ, switches to Satellite

T

theradiokid

Another Hawaii message board reports that KGMZ "Oldies" (107.9) has let go all of the on-air staff, except for the morning man, and a Saturday Morning specialty show. It's hearttbreaking to see these kinds of developments. The station has switched to a satellite feed, though it's not being reported which one. Ya know, it's just really disturbing. I mean, I used to listen to KGMZ online all the time. Now, I won't be listening. I don't wanna hear a satellite! If I wanna hear a satellite, I'll listen to satellite radio, thank you! I think this was a bad move on the part of Salem, and I predict that "The Jewel" (99.5) will eventually go to satellite, seeing how few local standards stations there are that program local content here on the mainland.

--The Radio Kid
(AKA Oswego Jeremy, as nicknamed by George of the Radio Racket.)
My email: [email protected]

--

theradiokid said:
Another Hawaii message board reports that KGMZ "Oldies" (107.9) has let go all of the on-air staff, except for the morning man, and a Saturday Morning specialty show. It's hearttbreaking to see these kinds of developments. The station has switched to a satellite feed, though it's not being reported which one. Ya know, it's just really disturbing. I mean, I used to listen to KGMZ online all the time. Now, I won't be listening. I don't wanna hear a satellite! If I wanna hear a satellite, I'll listen to satellite radio, thank you! I think this was a bad move on the part of Salem, and I predict that "The Jewel" (99.5) will eventually go to satellite, seeing how few local standards stations there are that program local content here on the mainland.

--The Radio Kid
(AKA Oswego Jeremy, as nicknamed by George of the Radio Racket.)
My email: [email protected]

--

The Jewel is satellite full-time and has been since 2006. It still sounds great. Hawaii is lucky to have it considering all of the usual "lovely" formats Salem offers normally and the fact it's on a full Class C signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom