• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SS32 not Firing Legal ID during sports

I am automating sport through ss32. However when using the ALT schedules during the game the system does not fire the legal ID. It receives the but even in the air long it will not that it will ignore it. I have the end of game pin set correctly. Is there a setting that I am missing to set the legal ID. The same issue presents it's self on all sports games whether its through WW1, or any other Network we get a game from. I have even fired the closure manually within SS32 and it will fire other assigned liners and even end the ALT schedule when firing the end of game closure manually.

Thanks,

Jeff

> It receives the but even in the air long it will not that it will ignore it.

> I have even fired the closure manually within SS32 and it will fire other assigned liners

These two things are contradictory. If you simulate a closure and it fires the legal ID cut, but when you receive the actual closure from your satellite receiver (and SS32 logs a closure event), it does not fire the legal ID cut, then the two tests were probably not using the same alternate schedule.

Poorly written question. As PTBoard says; if you can fire the GPO via the SS32, then it's working fine. Check to make sure the log entry for the legal ID is the correct file name, or if assigned to a particular clip player, that the proper player is routed to the output.

Thank you for the feedback. To clarify when triggered manually within the ALT schedule it will not fire either. The air log will reflect a manual trigger but will still report the " "Sat-Liner #02 NOT PLAYED: Not Defined or OFF"

20-12-09,19:28:52,EVENT:,------,---,"Input PIN #02 Detected----------------------------",-----,--------,63491|-|63411|03
20-12-09,19:28:52,EVENT:,------,---,"Sat-Liner #02 NOT PLAYED: Not Defined or OFF------",-----,--------,63492|-|63412|04

I double checked that Sat liner 02 (The legal ID) is defined in Sat liners properly. From the air log when the ALT schedule loads

20-12-09,18:30:01,EVENT:,------,---,"Insert Space Left = 122243 (Slots=4112)----------",-----,--------,63166|-|63086|31
20-12-09,18:30:01,ADDNEW,ST1001,SPT,"SET LEGAL IS TO PIN 2 ",00:01,>alt0048,63167|-|63087|32

also to note the ALT schedule, when loaded, DELETES the event

20-12-09,18:30:07,DELETE,ST1001,SPT,"SET LEGAL IS TO PIN 2 ",00:01,>alt0048,63196|-|63116|15
20-12-09,18:30:07,EVENT:,------,---,"Deleting Second Event-----------------------------",-----,--------,63197|-|63117|16

I understand that I set the End of game closure pin in the Named (ALT) schedule. I'm just trying to get the legal ID to play when ss32 has the named schedule loaded. Thanks.

If the ID is playing with a regular daily playlist, but not during sports from a different source, then I would check the wiring for the legal ID from the satellite receiver to your SS32 to make sure the SS32 is even getting the GP/O (closure) from that receiver. That includes making sure that programming provider uses the contact closure your SS32 is connected to. Doesn't happen often, but sometimes different providers use different contact closures for their programming.

The pin (closure) is assigned only during those games to that receiver. The air log is recording the input pin is detected but is not playing the ID (liner) because it's "Not Defined or Off". ( noted in the air log)

The liner is defined as I would in any hourly clock. I suspect there is a setting I am missing because I am in a named (ALT) schedule because of the game.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom